(Don't have EasyKale? Use the code RECIPE20 to get 20% off your purchase if you buy some EasyKale today!)
As you may know by now, the purpose behind the EasyKale™ Kale Shaker is to make it easy to add the benefits of kale to your diet on a daily basis.
One way I do that personally is by incorporating EasyKale™ into some of my go-to recipes. Since I consider Tex-Mex my "comfort food" (having grown up on the food in Texas), I have my own personal take on how to make some of the basics.
This recipe is a dead-simple way to make a spicy guacamole and, by adding EasyKale™, I've found the dish has a bit more texture and smoky flavor. Hence the name: Gua-Kale-Moley.
And what's even better—two "superfoods" in one tasty dish!
- Avocados (2 ripe avocados serve about three people)
- Mexican-style canned tomatoes
- Cajun salt
- Salsa (to taste)
1. Cut avocados into half, remove pits, spoon into bowl. Mash the avocados until lumps are gone and dip has a creamy consistency (I use a fork).
2. Add 2-3 tablespoons of Mexican-style canned tomatoes (drained) per avocado. Avoid too much of the tomato juice so that the guacamole doesn't get runny.
3. Add 2-3 teaspoons of cajun salt. (Coarse kosher salt can substitute.)
4. Shake on 1-2 teaspoons of EasyKale™.
5. Mix the entire guacamole again so that all ingredients are blended.
That's it! Dish the guacamole into a serving bowl and serve with your favorite corn or multigrain tortilla chip.
Double or triple the recipe for a big party bowl of superfood-rich Gua-Kale-Moley.
Note: for a spicier version of Gua-Kale-Moley, add 1-2 teaspoons (to taste) of hot salsa. Add a little at a time and stir it in so that you don't make the guacamole too runny and to avoid changing the rich green color to red.
Tip: Fresh Gua-Kale-Moley is also a great garnish for Schoolhouse Black Bean Taco Salad and for "Kale-sadillas" (quesadillas)—recipes to come soon!
Look good? Get your own EasyKale Kale Shaker to try with this and other recipes.